HTML Map

5.04.2013

be wise, taste the wine

I had a really hard time picking just one quote that I love, so I decided to share two quotes that speak volumes to me.

The first quote comes from Horace, a leading Roman lyric poet during the time of Augustus.



And the second quote I love is from Steve Jobs...


I love each of these quotes because even though it's super clichĂ© to say this, life is short. In fact, it's incredibly way too short, fleeting away from you every second of every day. When you're young, sometimes you think you have all the time in the world to chase your dreams, but in reality you don't. None of us do. It's an illusion. We don't tell the ones we love often enough how much we love them and we put things off to do tomorrow because we always think tomorrow will be there. We sometimes worry entirely way too much about trivial things and neglect the precious moments we have right in front of us. Don't waste time dwelling on the past or worrying about the future. And whatever your dream is, find a way to make it happen. There's so much I want to do in this short life of mine, and sometimes I do worry that there just isn't enough time to accomplish everything. But all I can do is live in the moment, strive hard and hopefully I'll be able to make a dent the long list of things I want to do and be. I think true happiness comes from setting out on the adventure to find your own inner voice and following your true heart's desire.
Because one day soon, all of our candles will burn out.
I want mine to burn hot and bright while it's still lit -- I want to light fires and set others ablaze.


2 comments :

  1. I just found your blog through the Blog Every Day in May Challenge! :)

    I definitely agree with you and these quotes! It's so easy to take life for granted or to think that tomorrow's guaranteed... to live a life less than we are capable of... but I think it ends up being worth it to step up and decide to truly live, rather than just sticking with the status quo. Thanks for sharing! :)

    http://www.chimerikal.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love both these quotes. Stumbled over from Jenni's linkup. New follower

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead and leave me some love. Your comments truly do make my day! :)